If you’re a small business owner, you’ll know that accounting can be time-consuming, expensive, and complicated, especially if you use one of the larger accounting software packages on the market. It takes valuable resources away from your business and is a hindrance to the growth of your business. If that’s you, Xero might be just what you need to free up your time and take your business to the next level.
Xero is easy to understand, it’s quick and it’s affordable. With Xero, your books can always be up to date and you’ll be able to take a snapshot of your financial affairs anytime you want – even from your mobile device – equipping you to make strategic business decisions on the go.
What is Xero?
Xero is one of the fastest growing cloud accounting programs in the world with more than 700,000 subscribers in more than 180 countries. In 2014 and 2015, Forbes ranked Xero number one for the World’s Most Innovative Growth Companies.
Xero can be integrated with other programs, such as point-of-sale and payroll software. With over 500 add-on solutions, you’ll be able to do just about anything in Xero.
Xero is a cloud-based online program, which means that you can access your books from anywhere, on any device. You don’t need to make any backups, and more than one person can work on the books at the same time. You can also give your accountant access to help you with those tricky transactions you don’t know how to handle. For some programs, being in the cloud means that it is slow and not always available. Not with Xero. It’s quick and has a 99.97% uptime rate – by far the best in its class.
How can businesses benefit from using Xero
Working with Xero has many benefits. We can’t list them all here, but here are some of the advantages we think you’d like to know about:
- You have real-time visibility of your financial position, enabling you to make business decisions on the go.
- A specialist Xero accountant can access your books anytime from anywhere, and add value as and when you need it.
- Xero is easy, quick, and it doesn’t break the bank.
- You can import feeds directly from your bank, so you don’t need to input each transaction manually.
- Xero supports foreign exchange transactions and it converts a foreign currency into your home currency automatically, so accounting for transactions across borders becomes a breeze.
- Payments can be linked to invoices, so your customers can pay you with a click of a button.
- You can attach documents to your invoices or bills – just scan or take a photo of your receipts or any supporting docs you want to keep safe.
- Bank reconciliations are easy and quick. Bank transactions are fed directly from your bank; all you need to do is match payments and receipts with transactions. It even remembers how you treated similar transactions before.
- You can customise your reports in a way that’s understandable to you so you can see exactly what you need to know to make business decisions.
- Xero’s mobile app can be used on any mobile device. You can send invoices, record receipts and expenses and do reconciliations while you’re in the field, waiting for a train or in those five minutes before your dinner date shows up.
- Managing your contacts is a breeze. You can have all your contacts in one place, make notes, view work history, import emails and even see their location on Google Maps.
Who uses Xero?
Anybody who wants more time running their business, doing the things they really love while still having time for family and friends, uses Xero. It’s perfect for almost any kind of small business, whether you’re a start-up, retailer, creative agency, service provider or a non-profit organisation.
Xero takes the pain out of accounting and frees you up to grow your business. You’ll always know where you stand. Are you meeting your targets, making a profit or having the funds to buy new equipment? With Xero, all these questions can be answered effortlessly and you’ll be able to plan and make decisions swiftly and efficiently.